Leonard Fichter, DOExperienced and Compassionate Doctor
Panama City Beach, FL
Tap each section to expand.
Education & Outreach
See below for more about Dr. Fichter
Dr. Leonard Fichter
Dr. Fichter is Board Certified in General Surgery, and is an experienced physician skilled in general surgery and osteopathic medicine. He looks forward to working to provide more complete care options for patients.
“My interest in medical marijuana stems from years of taking care of cancer patients (both terminal and those receiving chronic treatments) and my bulimic and anorexic patients with the use of marinol prescriptions. The benefits were great. I’m looking forward to working with MMTC for the better, more complete patient care. “.
- President – Dr. Leonard A. Fichter, Inc (2000 – Present)
- Medical Executive Committee Member – Putnam General Hospital/ CAMC Teays Valley (2001 – Present)
- Active General Surgeon –Putnam General Hospital/ CAMC Teays Valley (1988 – Present)
- Department of Surgery Chairman – Putnam General Hospital/ CAMC Teays Valley (2001 – 2010)
- President, Medical Staff – Putnam General Hospital/ CAMC Teays Valley (1997)
- Director of Medical Education – South Charleston Community Hospital (1986 – 1990)
- Medical Director – Health Center at West Virginia State College (1986 – 1990)
- Head Resident – Youngstown Osteopathic Hospital (1983 – 1985)
- Chief Resident, Department of Surgery – Youngstown Osteopathic Hospital (1982 – 1985)
Compassionate Care with MMTC
Dr. Fichter brings over 20 years of experience and expertise to each patient interaction. His interest in medical marijuana stemmed from treating patients with terminal conditions and eating disorders, and noticing the benefits of treatment for those populations.
See details about Dr.Fichter, clinics, guides to the legal Compassionate Care system, free community education events, and much more at MMTCFL.com.