Robert Dotson MDExperienced and Compassionate Doctor
Tap each section to expand.
Education & Research
See below for more about Dr. Dotson
Dr. Robert Dotson
“In general, I believe that it is our mission to empower people (patients) to care for themselves and become their own physicians as far as possible. So, I am excited to be back in [alternative] medicine and able to share my experience with new patients!”
A former Major in the Army Reserves, Dr. Dotson has had an interest in alternative and integrative medicine solutions to healing and prevention and continues to study this area and work within it..
- Founder,Vice President and Chief Medical Officer – LumiThera (2013 – Present)
- Founder,Science and Medical Director – Photospectra Toronto, Canada (2010 – Present)
- Medical Consultant – Green Wellness (2013 – 2015)
- Medical Consultant – South Sound Medicine (2012 – 2013)
- Clinical Instructor – University of Washington Department of Ophthalmology (2012 – 2014)
- Clinical Assistant Professor – University of Tennessee College of Medicine Department of Ophthalmology Hamilton Eye Institute, (2011 – 2015)
- Volunteer Ophthalmologist – Remote Area Medical Foundation Clinics Throughout America (2009 – 2015)
- Clinical Adjunct Faculty – Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (2007 – 2012)
- Founder and Medical Director – Choices Anti-Aging Centers (2003 – 2007)
- Director – American Board of Eye Surgery (1998 – 2005)
- Board Member – Eye Care Network of East Tennessee, LLC (1996 – 2004)
- President – Society for the Advancement of Laser Technology (1996 – 2004)
- Private Practice – Ophthalmology (Anterior Segment Surgery) (1982 – 2012)
- Board Member – Biblical Ethics in Medicine, Inc. (1991 – 2000)
- Director – Methodist Medical Center Home Health Services (1985 – 1988)
- Director – Foundation for Physician Resources and Information (1986 – 1990)
- President – Physicians of East Tennessee-IPA (affiliated with CareChoice HMO) (1986 – 1988)
- President – Roane-Anderson County Medical Society (1985)
- Medical Director – Orange Mound Community Action Program Clinic Memphis, Tennessee (1975 – 1979)
- Ophthalmology Mission – Hospital de la Amistad Ometepec, Mexico (November 1977)
- Extern – University of Tennessee Department of Cardiology (1973)
- E.R. Suture Technician – City of Memphis Hospital (1971 – 1973)
- Anterior Segment Surgery Fellowship and Intraocular Lens Implantation (Epstein Fellow) with Dr. Miles Galin in New York, New York
- Ophthamology Residency at the University of Tennessee Department of Ophthalmology in Memphis, Tennessee
- Ophthalmology Preceptorship (Anterior Segment Surgery and Intraocular Lens Implants) with Dr. Jerre Freeman at the University of Tennessee Department of Ophthalmology in Memphis, Tennessee
- Surgery Internship at Methodist Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee
- Doctorate in Medicine from the University of Tennessee Center for the Health Sciences in Memphis, Tennessee
- Bachelor in Science from the University of Tennessee College of Liberal Arts in Knoxville, Tennessee
Dr. Dotson’s Published Research
Wood, T.O., Fleming, J.C. and Dotson, R.S.: Treatment of Reis-Buckler’s corneal dystrophy, Amer. J. Ophthalmol. 85:3, 360-362, 1978.
Dotson, R.S.: A pneumatics intraocular irrigation/aspiration device, Amer. Intra-Ocular Impl. Soc. J., 6:1, 56-57, 1980.
Dotson, R.S.: Mechanical considerations of intracapsular cataract surgery, Amer. Intra-Ocular Impl. Soc. J., 7:1, 372-374, 1981.
Galin, M.A., Tuberville, A.W. and Dotson, R.S.: International Ophthalmology Clinics. “Immunologic Aspects of Intraocular Lenses,” Little Brown and Co., Boston, 1981, 227-234.
Galin, M.A. and Dotson, R.S.: Biomaterials in Reconstructive Surgery. “Biomaterials in Ophthalmology,” C.V. Mosby Co., Publ., Dr. L. Rubin, Ed., St. Louis, 1981, 968-979.
Galin, M.A., Dotson, R.S., Obstbaum, S.A. and Tuberville, A.W.: The long-term effects of an iris-supported lens on the endothelium, Trans. Ophthalm. Soc. U.K., 102:3, 410-412, 1982.
Dotson, R.S.: In-office applications for low-cost closed-circuit video camera systems, cul. Surg. News, 6:14, 30-32, 1988.
Merry, G., Devenyi, R., Dotson, R., Markowitz, S. and Reyes, S.: Photobiomodulation – a novel treatment for dry Age-related Macular Degeneration. Results of the Toronto and Oak Ridge Photobimodulation (PBM) study in dry AMD (TORPA), Photomed. Laser Surg., WALT Proceedings, 2013.
Merry, G., Dotson, R: Photobiomodulation for the clinical treatment of age-related macular degeneration, Chapter 43. Handbook of low-level laser therapy, edited by Hamblin, Pires de Sousa, Agrawal. 2016.
Merry, G.F., Munk M.R., Dotson, R.S., Walker M.G., Devenyi, R.G.: Photobiomodulation reduces drusen volume and improves visual acuity and contrast sensitivity in dry age-related macular degeneration. Acta Ophthalmologica. Published online, 18 December 2016.
Compassionate Care with MMTC
Dr. Robert Dotson stumbled into [alternative medicine] in 2012 while traveling with his wife. When they returned to Washington State, Dr. Dotson decided to find out more about [alternative treatment] eventually working in Seattle-area clinics. Now in Florida, he aims to use his expertise to help patients find the relief they seek. Dr. Dotson believes that is is his mission as a healthcare provider to empower patients to care for themselves when possible.
See details about Dr. Dotson, clinics, guides to the legal Compassionate Care system, free community education events, and much more at MMTCFL.com.
Health and Wellness with B12Health
B12Health is your source for high-quality, patient-focused care. We’re with you on your journey to wellness by providing guidance through healthy habits, mindfulness, and a range of injections to level imbalances and aid body and mind functions.
As a B12Health Store patient, we consider you an important part of our team. Don’t hesitate to call with questions or for details at 850-906-5001.